I applied to be a Philadelphia Police Officer in January of this year. The testing process began in May and I passed every test that I took. The night before my last test, the Phys. test, someone from the police academy called me and said that due to the city's recent budget cut, I would not be allowed to take my Phys. test or begin the Police Academy. I want to be a police officer though. So, that representative told me to try again in about 4 years. Well, now I am faced with the decision of what to do within those 4 years because I still need a job. My friends were telling me to go to a trade school for automotive and then in 4 years, go and be a cop. So, I talked to someone from a trade school and they told me that I could take a 12 month class and be certified. The class will be costly though and will probably end up being about $17,000. What should I do though? Should I go to school to become a mechanic, even though my true dream job is to be a cop? Should I go to school to become a mechanic and then in 4 years go and try to be a cop? What is the best path for me to chose? Oh, and I applied to so many jobs, but got denied. So, please help!

By the way, I am a guy using my friend's Yahoo Account. Thanks though!