Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member herpegonasyphilaids's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

is this a sign that i could go insane in the future?

sometimes when i close my eyes (usually when im in the shower) i sort of visualize these faces in my head. i don't actually see them but it almost startles me how they just sort of appear there so strongly whenever it happens. its almost as if im actually looking at them. i must admit they are a little scary at times, the way the get bigger and bigger and shape shift and change into each other. also usually the facial expressions are a little disturbing and sometimes just really weird. like one of the most common ones is like a gray smiley with a gray back ground that just stares with a completely blank stare on its face. other ones usually have angry facial expressions, or facial expressions of hatred.

i dunno its just really weird because of how strong they are visualized in my head and on completely random days. its like they appear there so strongly that it always catches me off guard, i just close my eyes and BOOM their there staring right at you.

im happy that this doesn't happen very often. what is this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well....maybe. But I don't think so.
    First of all, it is MUCH more common for a schizophrenic patient to have auditory hallucinations (ie. they hear things.) It's rarer to have visual hallucinations.
    Also, people with schizophrenia actually do not really know that the things they hear or see are not real. You seem to know that they are not real.
    If you really do feel bothered by this, talk to your doctor--it certainly cannot hurt.