Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A solution for all current and future unwanted pregnancies?

Ok so my mom has always had this plan to help women and society at the same time. She wants to start an organization that offers temporary housing and cash incentives for women that r drug addicts or homeless that offers no cost abortions, followed by no cost tubal ligations and after care. Or just the tubals. She wants to name this org. CRANKE for Children Require A Nurturing Karing Environment. Of course a place like this would have to run off of our own out of pocket money and donations mostly. My question is do u think there r enough people in this world that would support such a place?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't support this. It is taking women in a bad situation, and likely desperate for some cash, and essentially providing them with money in order to have an abortion, witch they may or may not be fully in favor of and sterilize themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd just suggest that many unwanted pregnancies occur in happily married, financially stable couples, so addressing the drug addicts and homeless women is not going to be a solution to all current and future unwanted pregnancies. Many unwanted pregnancies also occur in women who are pro-life and will not have an abortion even though they do not want the baby, and your solution will not address them, either. And I'm a little skeptical that vast numbers of homeless or drug-addicted women would choose to get their tubes tied and cut off all future possibility of having children simply because the procedure was free. Might it not be better to provide them with some less permanent form of birth control that more people might be willing to use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the most part, it sounds like a good idea, but where I think you will be lacking support is if you REQUIRE a tubal ligation after the abortions. That is the part that I see people shying away from. But, as far as free abortions and after care for disadvantaged women, I can see that having a significant support group. I know of quite a few women that can't support the children they have that don't get an abortion or a tubal ligation simply because they can't afford it. So, overall a great idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry but giving cash to a drugies just sound plain stupid. These woman are homeless and have gotten themselves into their situation, but they are not willing to put the work in to get themselves out. So no I will not help those who are too lazy to help themselves!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would totally support this and donate money to it! I think it should also be offered to people who are "not all there." I was just talking to a customer today who has 6 kids that were all taken away recently and his wife may be pregnant again. The kids got taken away because of the condition of the house. He's a nice guy and trying really hard, but he's a little slow and so is his wife and they would totally benefit from this.

Junior Member lotasugarnspice4u's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sure why not sounds like a good program

Junior Member lotasugarnspice4u's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sure why not sounds like a good program

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I think that if you offered free abortions, you'd have people lined up outside your door a mile long. When you take away the hardship aspect of it, like having to find a way to pay for the procedure, it makes abortions for the sake of convienience even more attractive to some people than it already is. How about counseling, especially on using birth control responsibly, and also adoption? And for many, hopefully their abortion is a one-time thing and they might want to have children later on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There may be enough people who would support such a place but there should would be a lot of violence that came of such a place, it would be very, very controversial and although i believe that we have to have legalized abortions available I am not sure that it should be that free and easy to get that people just treat it as nothing more than a form of birth control...there are too many people doing that already....I do commend your mother for wanting to find a solution, but Im not sure personally if this is it.