Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

im scared of growing up?

im 15, and sometimes i act my age and obviously i sometimes dont. the main reason im scared to growing up is because next june i have to leave school. then i'll have college interviews and finding a job, and it just puts so much pressure on me because i want to be a little kid again. i dont want to do my GCSE's cuz everybody is thinking im going to get A* but im not. i want to make my mum and dad proud but i often think im never enough.
    some days i dream what i would love to be like when im older, but then i have to face reality and it just scares me.
    i dont even know what i want to do as a career yet or what i want to do for college. im literally stuck. please help.

x

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh honey, i dont want to grow up eaither! its something we have to do. life seems like its flying by. Try talking to a therapist of phycologist and they can help you get all your feelings out and talk to YOU to make YOU feel better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh, the stress of growing up.
    Yeahh I know where you're coming from.
    GCSEs can be so scary, if you let them. But really, if you do the work (i.e. a lot of revision) then you'll feel confident & you'll know you've done your best & your parents won't be disappointed with you.
    I found that getting into that exam hall, & sitting down before the exam was the scariest part. Once you start writing it will just flow. You'll do fine.
    Making your parents proud, oh how I know what you are saying, the worry that your results won't be what your parents want them to be, that you just aren't good enough. When really you actually are good enough. Your parents will be proud of you, no matter what your grades are.
    You say you're going to have to leave school next year, why? Aren't you going to do AS & A-levels? They will be seriously useful in the future.
    At the moment I'm doing AS levels, & I have no clue what I want to do when I'm older, or what I want to do at uni. But seriously, it will come to you, just like it will (hopefully) eventually come to me.
    I know it's scary, I've been in the same place as you, but if you just do the work & make the effort, you've nothing to be worried about =]

Good luck.
    X