Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

can you be charged with conspiracy when being set up by the police?

a person was making a large drug deal with the police and charged with conspiracy? he questions it can be conspiracy since he was arranging the deal with the police. is it or isn't it conspiracy?

it's not me...but the person was being setup by the police. he did not know he was arranging a deal with the police until he got arrested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A conspiracy theory alleges a coordinated group is, or was, secretly working to commit illegal or wrongful actions, including attempting to hide the existence of the group and its activities. In notable cases the hypothesis contradicts what was, or is, represented as the mainstream explanation for historical or current events. The phrase "conspiracy theory" is also sometimes used dismissively in an attempt to portray hypothetical speculation as being untrue or outlandish.

was this person working with the police or were the police trying to bust him for selling?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your question was a little vague but I think I may have figured it out or at least have a take on it. If the situation you are talking about is one in which a suspected drug dealer makes arrangements to sell drugs to undercover officers, then yes he can be charged with conspiracy. The suspect thought he was making an illegal deal with other drug dealers or drug abusers. As long as the suspect made an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy, such as making a phone call to set up the deal, bringing drugs to an agreed on location, making an introduction, etc, he has involved himself in a drug dealing conspiracy. I've made such cases in the past that have resulted in convictions.