Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forget the "prophecy", Will we survive the 2012 HYSTERIA?

The 2012 fear seems to me to be much more widespread than the y2k silliness ever was. Add to it all the increasing worldwide catastrophes, (think economic crisis, food crisis, major earthquakes, H1N1 scare, out of control floods, landslides, wildfires, etc, etc!!!) and I'm starting to get worried that 2012 fears will cause panic and hysteria as that date gets closer.....what do you think?
    21 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.
    Actually, I was basing this on how much i've seen people react to it on the internet. I've hardly heard anyone talk about it where i live - only a little bit. But I just see that knowledge of it is very widespread, and all the horrible things that are happening are fueling the fire.

I don't mean that there is hysteria now, of course, because it's only 2010. But there are already lots of people who make comments all over the news websites about how all these terrible things are happening because of 2012, blah, blah, etc. (sometimes jokingly, but sometimes very seriously - face it, gullible people exist whether you like it or not.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    there is no chance for dooms day in 2012. sun may hit earth by heat waves and there is no chance for sun to supernova. all other global warming by pollution, over human population, cutting more trees, discovery of new diseases and viruses, destroying forest, decreasing oxygen level and increasing co2, Aids all are humans special. for these humans special earth wont affect, we will only die.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I know is in 2012, I'm not buying any Christmas presents until Dec. 22, 2012!

And I'm making sure I hire Jon Cusack as my Limo driver!

Downloads
    Uploads
    one thing i have to say/type to you. 2012 IS JUST A MOVIE. MOVIES ARE OFTEN FICTIONAL AND WON'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. BESIDES, WE STILL HAVE A MILLION YEARS BEFORE THE EARTH GETS DESTROYED BY THE SUN WHICH WILL TURN INTO A SUPERNOVA WHEN IT STARTS TO RUN OUT OF IT'S FUEL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't seen any 2012 hysteria. I have seen a lot of foolish people asking questions. I saw a fairly poor movie with John Cusack. But I haven't see mass hysteria.

I think you are guilty of the very overreaction you are worried about. When grocery stores are empty and gangs of shotgun-toting pillagers are terrorizing the locals, then I'll worry. For now it is just a bad movie and a bunch of people who can't discern fiction from reality.