When I was about 2 my parents visited a street fortune-teller. I was in hospital with a serious illness. The meeting was not pre-arranged, and the first thing the fortune-teller asked was who were they visiting in hospital. She then said I'd be ok.

Anyway the fortune-teller said I'd grow up to have a good analytical mind (I like to think a lot, write stories/poetry etc) and that I'd be good at chess (I was chess champion at school). She said I'd go through a lot of emotional turmoil (which is why I've written poems since I'm that type) and that I wouldn't get married 'til I'm about 30. Finally I'd have a "big future".

I'm 20, and it gets me down because I've "fallen in love" twice and all the time unrequited. I feel like giving up on hoping, and I'm already a bit nihilistic because of it (it beats being depressed). I don't like to get close to people now, and because of my nature I have a particular notion of "true love" when it comes to relationships... It means I'm always looking for "the One", and I've felt it with 2 people but always feel like "part of another world" because of how I think.

I'm too self-aware to change and I don't think I'm particularly difficult to get along with. I just feel purposeless. I'm only slightly self conscious since if I relax my jaw then I look like a mole, but I hold it in a position that looks normal (quite "good" sometimes) and so I don't smile unless it's genuine (another reason why I feel hopeless and unable to really open up to someone).

Well it feels like the marriage prophecy will come true (at least I'll be hoping so at 30). I'm not desperate for anyone, but rather longing for that special person or other half of me. I've said no to some girls in the past. There was one who loved me online and I loved her but it's long-distance and she was Muslim.

I've heard more uncanny stories regarding fortune-tellers from reliable and unlikely sources. I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences or such?