We've been together for four years. He is 23 and I'm 21. Our main priorities have always been school & work, also keeping each other happy. The only time we have ever talked about our future is when we have had problems. It isn't like a pathetic way to keep each other around; it is a heartfelt conversation that reminds us how much we mean to each other. So, with that been said...why is it so hard for me to bring up our future and actually have a SERIOUS conversation about it on a normal day that we're not having any disagreements?

I always end up making it full of sarcasm. For example, the other day I told him (jokingly) that he can't get 2-door car because he won't have a place for our baby's car seat. Another thing, on good days when we talk about our future it is always so individualized. Like he'd be like MY house is going this way and I'd say MY house is going to be that way...vs saying OUR house. Well he does refer to my dislike for cooking by saying that "He's in trouble" (JOKING of course)

I guess I'm hoping that one person gives me some kind of useful advice. Maybe soneone will understand how much we love each other and tell me why we can't seriously plan for our future?
A lot of our friends that have been together less time than we have are married or engaged or living together. We are just so set on building ourselves up and I'm thankful for that. I just want to talk about it.