Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

BIG QUESTION: involving high school, sports, summer, and how to make new friends.?

okay...soo. I am 16. I go to a TINY private school. I love sports but havent ever done them before in a team. and obviously....summer is coming up. I need friends. i have friends but like i never really hang out with them and i never have activities to do. i want to have a really fun, busy, diligent summer. and i have applied for many jobs so i can get money for drivers ed class, so i can drive and have more freedom. okay...so basically any ideas for what i can do over the summer, or details in like how i could get involved with sports over the summer even tho i havent done them before? also...i am a runner so i am relatively fit...i can run 2 miles without fainting at least...lol!! so any ideas of what i can do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fill a pot with water until full. The pot should be large enough to contain all the wool. It might be easier to do this outdoors over an open fire if you have a large amount of fleece.
    #
    Put the raw wool into the pan or pot. Push the wool into the water gently. Pieces of wool can be placed in mesh laundry bags to prevent them from breaking apart.
    #
    Add 1 - 3 tablespoons of salt to the water.
    #
    Bring the water to boil. Keep the wool boiling over a period of several hours. During this time, keep an eye on the boiling water and add more water as it evaporates off. Do not leave unattended as the water could boil off and burn the wool.
    #
    Clean and waterproof an area to place the wool.
    #
    Remove the wool from the boiling water. Do this using a pair of tongs or large slotted spoons.
    #
    Keep the water boiling until all the water evaporates off. The remaining substance is lanolin.
    #
    Pour the lanolin through a cheesecloth. This will remove any impurities. Pour it into a bowl and leave to cool. Once cooled, scrape off the lanolin and place into sterilized jars. The lanolin is ready to use.