Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do anti-feminists lump all feminists together, yet complain when feminists do

this to them? I actually believe there are many different kinds of anti-feminist, so I merely use the term as a convenient label to attract the attention of those I wish to speak to. I also presume the same for feminists, it's very rare we all agree.

Nonetheless, I often notice that those anti-feminists who complain most bitterly about it are the first ones to deny any such idea that feminists have different beliefs, philosophies, or disagree with each other. And even where they will admit that you, personally, are not a 'feminazi' they still view the whole rest of the movement as a kind of Borg collective and present us as robots who cannot think for ourselves, make our own minds up, resist 'indoctrination' training, etc etc...

I on the other hand make no such assumptions about anti-feminists - you might be a man, a woman, a teenager, a pensioner, believe in God, an atheist, western, southern, pro-choice, pro-life.... the list is endless....

So why do some anti-feminists attempt to demand a recognition of the individuality of their beliefs (despite their opposition to feminism) yet refuse to accord the same respect to others (despite their support of feminism)?

And why is it that those who skip the 'you're labelling me' argument, often provide the most individual, enlightening and honest answers, whilst those who protest the label inevitably dole out the same old hysteria?

What are your thoughts? :-)
    Malevolent Blessing - I agree - it seems logical to me that if you think feminism is a bad thing, to be called anti-feminist is a good thing. I have no problem saying I am anti-Marxism, anti-church, anti-traditional, etc, so what would you say to those who reject the anti-feminist label, and what do you think their reasons for doing so are? :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps because many HERE appear to divert little in their own opinions, rather just jump on whatever bandwagon may be going by.