Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I tell my future fiancee that I was married briefly before?

When I was 18 me and this girl were dating. One day she told me that she might be pregnant. We were stupid and decided to get married. Only to find out that she wasn't pregnant. We both didn't want to be married at 18, and decided to get divorced. Well I'm a cop and we stopped someone and it turned out to be my ex-wife. She got out and we embraced briefly. She's now married with two children and lives in a different state, and was only there to visit relatives. My future fiancee is kinda...nuts, but that's what I love about her. I never told anyone I was married before and I don't know if I should tell her or no?

Downloads
    Uploads
    not knuov

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just continue living the lie you have always done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why change the habit of a life time. You are doing what cops do best, lying and cheating by being, as Nixon so eruditely said economical with the truth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you need to tell her. You know why you need to tell her? First, if you don't it will be forever bothering you and occupying your mind, plus by omission, it becomes a lie, as you have not been honest with her. Just think if SHE did the same thing to you. Wouldn't you be upset? I think so.
    Just find a time when you guys have plenty of time to talk. Just share with her that there's something you need to share with her & just haven't found a way to tell her as you're afraid that she will be very upset. Tell her that you want to be completely honest with her and that when you were at the young age of 18, you did something impulsive. Then just tell her. Tell her that you found it difficult to tell her as you were afraid of how she would react, but that you felt that a relationship as precious as the one you two have can't be built with something like this not disclosed. Tell her that the reason you have been having difficulty finding a way to tell her is because you care so much for her & feared that she would leave you. Then be silent and wait for her to speak. Good Luck. I just said a short, but heartfelt prayer on your behalf that it goes well. Take care. Roz

Downloads
    Uploads
    be open and honest with her now before you get married or later on it will be an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont start your marriage with a fundamental lie, its bound to come out eventually, and if she blows up about it, well dont marry her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    she deserves to know your history, dude. if the situation was reversed don't you think you'd deserve to know?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look at it this way- what if she finds out from someone ELSE? I think you should tell her, she'd go completely ballistic if someone else told her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course you should..if she were to find out any other way she would think the worse case scenario and be mad that you didn't tell her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast