Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member NewAgeOfTheRipper's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

ROH Future Superstar? ?

pretty soon im gonna be going to college in Chicago, IL and thats where ROH is located. so i wanted to know can i train at ROH? or will i have to go into another wrestling school to train? and do you think ROH superstars get paid? and how much?

my mistake Penn. not IL

Junior Member AmDrag5000WHYSOSERIOUS's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to let you know, the RoH wrestling school is actually located in Bristol, Pennsylvania, not Chicago.

And actually, if I were you, I wouldn't go to the wrestling academy. It's decent, but their track record isn't too good, turning out very few quality graduates, and there are a lot better schools that charge a lot less. Even if you're one of the better ones, you're going to spend a lot of your time working the ring crew and jobbing out in preshow matches before you actually get a good spot on a main show. When your best graduate is Pelle Primeau, you've got a lot of work to do.

Do some research for good schools, there are probably better schools alone in the Chicagoland area. Work for smaller independents at first and really get your name out there. Gabe Sapolsky, the booker, often says that he finds a lot of the talent for RoH by word of mouth through the fans and other people in the wrestling business, so make a lot of friends in wrestling, establish as many connections to higher promotions as possible, and keep the fans amazed. I don't know how well RoH wrestlers get paid, but while it's probably a lot higher than most indys, you'll still need to supplement it with other bookings, even overseas work if you have the chance.

Of course, make sure you get your degree. Get a college education or risk the consequences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have a wrestling academy, in Pennsylvania. Here's a link:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/wrestlingschool/

Though I think they might get paid more then other Indy feds, I don't think they get paid a whole lot..but that's just my guess...

I'm a little confused by your question..I don't know if you mean you're going to school in Chicago or PA. But either way..there's an indy fed in Chicago called Windy City Pro Wrestling...it's been around for 20 years. They have a training center too...here's the link to their website:

http://www.windycityprowrestling.com/

Just click on training on the top

There's also this one where it says the trainer is former pro wrestler Sonny Rogers:

Pro Championship Wrestling Training Center
    Trainer: Sonny Rogers
    Chicago, IL
    (708) 867-7672

Wish you the best...and stay safe...