For the past several years now I've been having these weird premonition dreams. Usually they're just about places or people I'm going to see, and then either a few weeks later, so maybe even moths later, I actually see the exact same scene as I did through my dream. I know it's not part of my subconscious telling me about something I've over looked and didn't see the first time because they are from things I've never seen before, or places I have never been near in my life. Recently I also have had several occurrences where during my dream I recall and relive a past dream/ premonition. It's almost as if I have a dream within a dream?

Overall my question is, is this common for people to get these future glimpses in their life, and how can I control them to see what I want to see?
Also, is it common for people to have double dreams?

By double dreams I mean that while I'm having a dream, I unconsiously remember another past dream I had in the same spot. For instance once I visited this family I've never met yet, and then the next real night I went back to their house, but the time that passed was a year or so, and I remembered meeting the kids the first time I came.