As a former christian, I am aware of many prophecies in the book of revelations. And one of them is the peace treaty with middle east..which will bring on the "antichrist" and thus start the process of WW III and the end of the world and bla bla bla. Bush is a self-proclaimed christian,,,,and as such would be completely aware of that peace treaty prophecy. So why would he initiate this peace treaty? Are some fanatics actually trying to force the biblical prophecies to come true? I just don't get it. If christians did believe in this stuff, and knew what would happen to the world, why wouldn't they try and stop it? What real human wants the world to end, let alone try and force it? Anyone from any faith, or lack of....can answer.

On a side note I have heard some say that they are actually EXCITED about armageddon starting because it will bring on the second coming? YEAH!!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!! .....sounds al awful lot like a cult that commits simultaneous suicide in order to achieve transcendence. Anyway...this is not a deliberate bash at religion...I really want to know if other people think people in power are trying to force prophecies to come true. If they haven't find their antichrist yet I'm available.