Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question for Muslims if the Bible is corrupt by Humans why are there...

...Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament? Question for Muslims if the Bible is corrupt by Humans why are there Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament about Jesus Christ that were fulfilled in the New Testament by Jesus Christ ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Muslims believe Jesus(pbuh) is the Messiah. Of course, he did fulfill the Messianic prophecies. But we believe some words were changed in the Old Testament to make it like the Messiah would be equal to God. The Jews will tell you the same thing, that the Christians changed the Old Testament.

Either way, it is okay I am not one to judge. I respect the Bible as well as a holy text.

God be with you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it insights, or is it changing/adding/taking away from the Bible?

Revelation 22:18-19, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

In response to Christ never being addressed as HO ON, this is simply not true. We find this phrase used of Christ in Revelation 1:7-8:

"Look! He is coming with the clouds; every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and on his account all the tribes of the earth will wail. So it is to be. Amen.
    "` I am the Alpha and Omega', says the Lord God, `The Being (Greek- HO ON) who is and who was and who is to come, the ALMIGHTY (pantokrator)'."

Jesus Christ, the coming pierced One, identifies himself as both The Being (HO ON) and as the Almighty. The phrase "who is and who was" refers to the eternal nature of God:

"And the angels of the waters say, `You are just, O Holy One, who are and who were, for you have judged these things; because they shed the blood of saints and prophets, you have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!' And I heard the altar respond, `Yes, O Lord, the ALMIGHTY (pantokrator), your judgements are true and just!'" Rev. 16:5-7 NRSV
    Hence, Jesus in Revelation 1:8 is claiming to be the eternal God.

Secondly, Jesus' I AM passages tie in with the Hebrew ANI HU references of Isaiah:

"Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called: I AM HE (Ani Hu); I am the First, and I am the Last." Isa. 48:12 NRSV
    That the phrase I AM implies Deity is clearly seen in the following verses:

"Now then, listen, you wanton creature (i.e. Babylon), lounging in your security and saying to yourself, `I am (LXX- Ego Eimi), and there is none besides me..." Isa. 47:8 NIV (Cf. Isa. 47:10)
    God rebukes Babylon for claiming to be the I AM, believing herself to be a God like Yahweh. Hence, I AM is used to denote absolute Deity and sovereignty, being used as a synonym for Yahweh.

Compare Yahweh's words with Jesus:

"Then Jesus, knowing all that was to happen to him, came forward and asked them, `Whom are you looking for?' They answered, `Jesus of Nazareth.' Jesus replied, `I AM HE'... When Jesus said to them, `I am he,' they stepped back and fell to ground." John 18:4-6 NRSV

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not the whole bible is corrupt, some of it is. Still, there are LOADS of similarities between the three religions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Muslims know that the Bible is not corrupted. They invented this claim to explain away the fact that the Bible contradicts the Koran. They had to explain it somehow because the Koran tells people that the Law and the Gospel are God's word. Mohamed was so ignorant that he didn't realize he was contradicting the very books he was acknowledging as God's word.
    The trouble with this explanation is that it's easy to disprove. We have manuscripts of Biblical texts much older that the time of Mohamed.