Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which prophecy in the Bible, fulfilled or awaited do you think the most significant?

The Old Testament has some wonderful prophecies to choose from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am Mormon, and I could quote you several that imply the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints would be established in these, the last days.

However, since you asked what are some "wonderful" prophecies that have been fulfilled, I will put one of the most significant ones to me and all of mankind.

Isaiah 7:14
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

and Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I am so grateful that Jesus Christ came to atone for the sins of mankind, and that through him we all can have life everlasting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the most significant was when the seven headed beast with ten horns rose from the oceans last week.

That was an obvious sign.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The coming of a messiah is probably the most significant prophecy. The return of that messiah is probably the second most significant one. Between these two events is the restitution of all things, as prophecied by all the holy prophets, and that has already transpired.

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
    (Acts 3:21)

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
    (Isaiah 29:14)

5 ¶ Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
    (Malachi 4:5)

34 ¶ Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
    (Matthew 23:34)

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    (Revelations 4:6)

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
    (Daniel 2:44)

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
    (Isaiah 11:11)