Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Predictions for Brewers offseason?

I think the Brewers will land Reyes. I like Casey Kotchman for a one year deal to maybe if Mat Gamel is the real deal or not. I also like Mike Gonzalez as a lefty reliever. Your predictions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I predict they'll be off and won't play again until March.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if they can beat out all the teams who want Reyes, namely the team that already does have him. The Brewers' power comes in their willingness to make the big one, with Greinke and Sabathia being exhibits A and B. In that regard, I cannot predict what they will do. I do think they lose Fielder, largely because Pujols is such a big FA prize at 1B. The team who loses out on him will DESPERATELY want to land Fielder, and I don't know if Milwaukee has the bank to do it. Their farm system has imploded thanks to past deals, outside of Rodgers and Peralta. Thankfully they're both SP, and their rotation is a huge strength. Regardless of what happens with Fielder they'll have a pitching staff that'll keep them in every game.

IMO, Overbay or Kotchman make sense. That would be a defensive move. Instead of picking up the option on Betancourt, they should go get equal value for similar money with Edgar Renteria. Let McGhee walk via FA and throw your money into the Aramis Ramirez hat. That will make up at least some of the lost punch if Fielder goes. Ryan Ludwick and/or David DeJesus will be great finds. No matter what they do, they need to save some to lock up that great bullpen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lose prince, won't get reyes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a breakdown of the guys that would be the best fit at each position (assuming all their free agents leave).

SP: Jason Marquis-He can earn a spot in the starting rotation which would bump a guy like Narveson into the bullpen, providing them with a quality inning-eating pitcher in their bullpen.
    RP: Heath Bell-He can step into the role that K-Rod is leaving as the set-up man to John Axford. He also provides quality veteran leadership.
    C: Nobody-With Lucroy on the up-n-up and Kottaras providing a nice pop off the bench, any addition at the catcher position would be a waste of money and roster space.
    1B: Carlos Pena-On a one year deal he provides enough power to lessen the loss of Fielder. He has World Series experience which is something they need and would fit in well behind Braun in the lineup.
    2B: Ramon Santiago-With Counsell and Hariston likely leaving, Sanitago can play multiple infield positions.
    3B:Aramis Ramirez-Can provide power that would lessen the loss of Fielder. Injury not a concern considering the Brewers did not have consistent third base play to begin with.
    SS: Jose Reyes-If they aren't going to have Fielder back they'd better spend on a marqee guy like Reyes if they have any aspirations of returning to the postseason.
    OF: Raul Ibanez or Nobody-The addition of Ibanez would only be useful if neither Fielder ot Pena is signed because there is speculation that Hart could move to first base.