Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prediction Game: Your favorite player (RESULTS)?

Now you may have seen previous question already. Here are the results for the other game I started at the beginning of the year. This one involving your favorite players mainly:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aikrcu_rq6IZefrttg7j6ijsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20100225171925AAUEv6T

Again, my predictions failed. Hope you enjoy checking your own. If you didn't play, then have fun seeing everyone else's predictions too.

Please star this question as well. I would like this question to spread around Y!A as much as possible, so everyone that played gets a chance to see.

BQ: Did your favorite player live up to the expectations this season?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wrong on Pedroia, because he went down in June. Pretty close on Lackey though. I said 15-9 and he was 14-11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha mine failed too, though that's mostly because Dustin Pedroia did miss half the season. I think had he played the whole year his numbers actually would have similar to those... he was on-pace for a career-number in home runs.

BQ: When he was healthy, I think so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha mine failed too, though that's mostly because Dustin Pedroia did miss half the season. I think had he played the whole year his numbers actually would have similar to those... he was on-pace for a career-number in home runs.

BQ: When he was healthy, I think so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Missed your question the first time around, that's unfortunate. I would've picked Ethier and Kershaw though, and both had fantastic seasons (as injury-shortened as Ethier's was). I doubt my numbers would've been correct, but I'm certainly happy with their performance this year. Unfortunate that I can't say the same for the rest of the team.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Neftali Feliz lived past my expectations this year. Not only did he break the Major League all time record for saves by a rookie but he passed it up by several saves. He has either 39 or 40. Definitely has to be 2010 Rookie of the Year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, your Sandoval numbers were just a little bit off. I don't think anyone expected him to hit so badly this season. I thought he'd be a .300/20 HR guy for sure.

It's too bad I missed your question the first time around. It would've been fun to see what I would have picked.

BQ: My favorite player is Justin Morneau, and he more than lived up to expectations for the first half of the season - he looked like an MVP candidate with a .345 average and 18 HRs. But then he suffered a concussion and missed the second half of the year. So that sucked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the prediction question when i was EMC, i got a new account a couple months ago.

I said that Robinson Cano would hit 24 HRs- He hit 29. Not too bad
    I also said that his BA would be .304. It was 3.19.
    For RBI's I predicted him hitting 90, but he really got 109.

My predictions weren't too far off, & it's good that he ended up doing better than I predicted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Jonathan Sanchez did what I thought he would do, except his ERA was a little higher than I would have predicted. And Uribe ended with a lower average than I would have thought, but RBI and HR wise he did good.

edit:I hope they replace Guillen with Scheirholtz for the post season.

Junior Member VeritasetAequitastmt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BQ: Yes, way beyond expectations. I wish Jonny Gomes still played for Tampa.