Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible for me to be able to predict the future?

Sometimes, I know things before they happen or before they come to light. Could I be psychic? For instance I have a vision and days, weeks or years later it happens. Like, I knew an ex-friend of my husband was coning him out of money before ever having evidence or a sign of it happening. I just woke up one day and announced it and we found out that I was right. Then I thought that my cousin;s new baby wasn't his, but everyone thought it was, then when the DNA test came he was not. My sister was pregnant, but was not due for a few weeks and we were out shopping and ran into her midwife at the store, I asked the mid wife if she'd be working the next day because my sister was going to have the baby the next day. They laughed. The next morning, my sister's water broke and she had her baby. I just get this notion in my head, could I be psychic? And does this happen to you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    something like that has only happened to me once unless i'm forgetting some. Anyways i believe that God is giving you these visions like a gift. Or satan is trying to mess with your mind. I may sound dumb but I'm trying to tell you what i think. I'm not trying to scare you but i don't want you to do anything stupid.

Junior Member quantumclaustrophobe's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's an argument that some have put forward that "fate" is a real, true road. And, that some people are particularly attuned to that road, seeing what's approaching before actually getting there.
    That has many implications for time and space as we know it; let alone the ethical arguments that would be generated.
    As for proof... well, right now, until there's some way to measure the amount that people get right, it could just be lucky guesses...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Flower!

No. In principle, it's impossible to predict the future.

There are some things that, with high confidence, we can predict, like the time that the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

Perceptive people can anticipate mundane things, that perhaps others might miss, because they're good at noticing clues and making inferences from them.

Sometimes, lucky guesses turn out to be right, and people fancy that there might be more to this than mere chance. Try issuing a series of such guesses, however, and I'd be highly surprised if you could maintain your track record for long.

Pyschic powers do not seem possible because we cannot imagine a means by which they might work. But why not?

The reason is because we cannot, in principle, know what will happen in the future. There's a scientific reason for it, too.

In the late Nineteenth Century, scientists speculated that it might indeed be possible to know the future if somehow we could gather enough data about the present. If science were to devise an enormously powerful computer that could keep track of every single molecule in the air and track all their movements, might it not, at least in theory, be possible to know future weather, for instance?

The German physicist Werner Heisenberg proved that this is impossible, and his discovery is known as the Uncertainty Principle. The proof is remarkably simple. To observe something, like an atom, you have to see light (or other radiation) reflected from it. That means, a light has to shine on it. But when something as tiny as a single atom collides with a particle of light (called a photon) the atom will change direction. The very fact of observing it changes its motion, so that we cannot predict what it will do after we've looked at it.

Atoms are tiny, of course, but all this unpredictability adds up. Every time an observation is made, more movements are affected. In the end, by the time our extremely powerful computer is ready to issue a prediction, things will have changed away from what was predicted. In the end, ultra-accurate weather forecasts, and every other kind of prediction, will start to go awry, and the longer time goes on, the further things will stray from what we thought would happen.

This is true for human behavior, too, since our brains are made of atoms. Every little thing that, even in the tiniest way, does not go as we predicted will have a cumulative effect on all the downstream predictions, and so on. We know, with metaphysical certainty, that we cannot completely know the future.

Since it is impossible to predict the future with even the most unbelievably powerful computer, how can a single human mind know?

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are probably very intuitive. you can probably instinctively read people and situations very well. you might want to get into a detective career, or maybe a doctor, thats a great quality to have. Wrong category though

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are probably very intuitive.

you are able to know an answer because of stimulus around you point to that answer.

There is no such thing as knowing the future, or being psychic.

but some people are just better at picking up little pieces of info and coming up with a result that hasn't happened yet.

example: you see a ball fly through the air at a baseball game, you see where it is going and you run to that place to catch it.
    you don't have psychic powers, but you do know where it is going to land.

From all that I have read, there hasn't been one instance of actual perception of future events.

everything can be explained, people feel that they knew a loved one was hurt because they always thought that until it happened, I worry about family members all the time.

Most prophets also use statements that could mean anything, usually fitting what they said to an instance after it happens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Researching this may help you more*******************

~Clairvoyance~

The word "Clairvoyance" means "clear-sighted," or the ability to see
    something or someone without the normal perception of the senses and
    without any outside physical influences. It is a faculty latent in all
    and it is said by some that it will eventually be possessed by every
    human being in the course of his or her spiritual unfoldment. Having
    acquired this spiritual sight, one may then investigate for himself or
    herself such matters as the state of the human Spirit before birth and
    after death, and life in the Astral Planes.

There have been reports of clairvoyance throughout history in most
    cultures. Often these have been associated with religious figures,
    mystic groups and practices. For example, ancient Hindu religious
    texts list clairvoyance as one of the Siddhis, skills that can be
    acquired through appropriate meditation and personal discipline. But a
    large number of accounts of clairvoyance are of the spontaneous
    variety among the general public. For example, many people report
    instances of "knowing" in one form or another when a loved one has
    died or was in danger before receiving notification through normal
    channels that such events have taken place. It is a common psychic
    ability and includes everything from hunches to telepathy. Through
    history, prophets, soothsayers, fortune -tellers, clairvoyants,
    psychics and spiritualists and those people who are sensitive to other
    thinking and knowing have experienced clairvoyance.

Like all mantic arts Clairvoyance can be used to look into the future,
    present or past events, it can also be used as a tool to contact
    advanced spiritual beings or people who have passed away, as in
    Mediumship or Channelling.