Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Planning out my future? How comfortably would I be able to live with a career...

...as a teacher a side-job? I'm thinking of being a high school teacher, though that's not definite yet. If I work a few hours a day part time retail or something of the sort (I MIGHT be able to pull off two full time jobs, but I'd like to have SOME free time, maybe if I'm in a period of real need for money) I'm guessing I can earn around k a year. It'd probably be more around here (Massachusetts) but I don't know where I'll be living so I'll just use an average. How comfortably could one live alone on that? I plan to live in a small apartment alone, so I'm hoping I'll have some left over cash to spend on luxuries every once in a while. How much do water, electricity, food, gas, etc. average per month?

Downloads
    Uploads
    it all depends on were you live.teachers make different salaries depending on what state they live in.so you will have to figure that out when you get yourself situated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well teaching isnt just a couple of hours because you need to stay after school and grade tests or homework or plan out work and my mom taught Catholic ed. as a side job and didn't like it at all. I wouldn't suggest it.