I've been having some really odd dreams lately, and thought I should share them with you..maybe you guys can figure out what they mean.

1. I am in my room, and I look up the ceiling. There are small butterflies all huddled up in s pot there, while not being too close to each other. I find this very strange, but I don't disrupt them. A friend comes over and she scares some of them away.
We go out, but when I return, I find that one is already a pupae, hung up by a shelf in my bookcase. I wake up before it would start emerging.

2. I am in a room, and I assist at a discussion. A boy, maybe 16 or 17, with wild blond curly hair is talking to his friend, and expressing his displeasure at having to participate in a transgression/transformation ceremony (they all have to take it when they come of age, apparently). He doesn't want to loose his old self in favor of the new. I think he has the impression that transformation will corrupt him or something.
The talk is interrupted by the boy's father and grandfather, who take him away in another room and start dressing him for it. They dress him in an elegant red coat (all the clothes are regency style btw) with golden details, and take him to a large hall.
The hall is gray, and very high, and in the middle there is like a large slab, raised up from the ground.
A sort-of priest appears, dressed in red and gold, and takes the boy by the shoulders and puts him on it. He instructs the boy to sit still, and not to blink.
"It will not hurt."
He pulls a dagger from his sleeve, with a crooked and sinuous blade, with a golden handle with a blood red gem. he carefully places the tip over the boy's heart.
He stabs him, and the boy arches his back up; the priest turns the dagger clock-wards and the boy dissolves suddenly. On the slab there are left only large red spots.
The priest instructs the people to wait, because the boy will now come back transformed. The slab starts to look...odd somehow.
I wake up and don't see his transformation.

3. I am on a beach, and I'm holding a large butterfly net. A man tells me that if I run, I can catch butterflies. So I do, and catch loads of blue ones.
"The larger ones are caught only if you run hard enough" his voice says, so I run harder, and not only do I catch larger blue butterflies, but I also start catching flowers, and leaves and clouds and all sorts of stuff.

"You can also catch spirits with that net." the voice tells me, so I start running harder, and catch several spirits.
One of them is that of my dead grandfather.
I take the net home, and spill all its contents on the floor in my room. The spirit of my grandfather is in my hands, and when I release it, it starts to materialize.
It materialized up to his torso...and then I woke up.

They're inspiring...but really odd, and I have the sensation they have some sort of message in them.