Over the past few years, my dreams have shifted from passing nightly occurrences to full blown violent opus' where discerning reality from fiction is becoming increasingly difficult. These worlds have gone from simple conjugations of thoughts to terror-inducing landscapes of horror. If you are familiar with the universe of Silent Hill, I feel as if my dreamscape originates somewhere in that area. That being said, I have not played a Silent Hill game in years, so you can dismiss the thought right there.

The real issue lies in the content of the nightmares. I have been keeping a log, recently, about all the nightmares I have. It seems to be on a 2 day, one on one off schedule. I have slowly been unable to escape my dreams like most people typically can, that sense of awareness that you are inside of a dream is completely gone. I am completely convinced that my dream is reality when I am in it, and the emotions, in turn, become more tangible, and lasting after the dream is over. The past few weeks, I have been waking up covered in sweat, and unable to tell if I am still in the dream or not. My vision is blurry, and I cannot focus for up to 15 minutes. About a week ago, one of my nightmares was so violent, so unnerving, so disturbing that I was unable to talk for hours after I woke up. I was in a near catatonic state the entire morning, the dream had struck me so deep that I felt almost paralyzed.

My dreams, the ones I view as negative, comprised of the typical "unable to fight back" cliche. I wouldn't be able to strike someone back, I wouldn't be able to run away, so on and so forth. But now, I am running towards these things, these previous fears. I am powerful, I am violent, I am psychotic. I can't control myself, once something enters my dream that makes me angry, I go into a frenzy state, killing or dismembering what it is that has angered me. After the dust has settled, I realize what I have done, and the terror sets in, the absolute gripping fear that I done something I never thought myself, let alone another human being was capable of. The grief and anxiety that follows this is engulfing, I can almost feel my body revolting and straining in real time with my dream emotions.

The "fears" are typically people, with very distinguishable characteristics, yet everyone else in my dreams lack faces, or rather, I can't "see" them. The faces of these people are ones I have never seen before, but somehow, I recognize them.

What I am really looking for here is a professionals input on this subject. I want to put all of the info here, put the subject matter is too personal to divulge. I live in Philadelphia, and I am looking for a respected physician in the particular field that is willing to help me (Yes, I have good insurance). If someone can recommend me a physician relative to my needs, or if you are one, please answer.