Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interpretation of this dream that seemed to predict a future event?

For the record, I am a skeptical and logical, down to earth person, and don't jump to conclusions about anything without something to support it. I've always had strange and vivid dream experiences my whole life, and while only a few seemed to predict a future event, I have been able to debunk or brush off most of them.

However, one that still urks me immensely is one that occured about a year ago. First of all, to all the dreamers out there, this is the type of dream that is not lucid, but is intensely more vivid than your average dream, if you know what I mean.

So in this dream, I am back in my hometown. There was somehow a flood at the high school that filled the school with water and then it burst out of the building through the door, and some of the students had died from this. Me and the rest of my family knew my sister was there, but didn't know if she was OK or not so we all rushed over. (My sister was actually a couple years out of high school at the time).

When we got there, we walked in to the building and in one of the rooms there were several dead kids, still sitting in the positions they were when this flood thing happened. Then we saw my sister in a chair, she had died too, and was just sitting with her ipod headphones still in her ears and her eyes closed (this alone freaked me out immensely as you might imagine). Her and all the others were still soaking wet from the water.

So I am now without the rest of my family, outside the building crying. Then, I see all of the kids who had died coming out of the building in a line. They were going somewhere down the road - still "dead", but it was like their spirits or something going on to the next life. This didn't seem strange at all in the dream. As she is walking by I run up to her and am overcome with emotion telling her how much I love her and that I am sorry this happened, and then she just looks at me like I am nuts or something - and I realize it is "kind of" her but not totally, and she kind of knows me but not totally - and this is why she thinks its weird that I am telling her how much I love her. Then she walks on and the dream is over.

Ok now in real life, I live half a country away from my sister, and we talk but not often. I probalby hadn't spoken to her for at least a couple of months. Two days after I had this dream, I found out through my sister-in-law that my sister had an abortion just a couple of days earlier - my sister or mom didn't tell me because they didn't think it was my business and she didn't want me to know, maybe because I have kids or something.

But as I did hear about it, I began to remember this vivid dream, and became really troubled by this for a while. The more I thought about the dream, the more it seemed to symbolize something like this - (the water rushing out) and I almost feel like I spoke to either my sister or in part the child that she would have had, and they didn't really know what was going on?

I wanted to get any other takes on this, skeptical or disbelievers welcome, because I do not believe that I have the ability to have premonitions, but still have trouble explaining this one and feel it is too similiar and symbolic to be written off as mere coincidence...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you ; this dream has a meaning about your sister . I knew right away ; when you said ; in the dream she was dead that ; your relation as brother and sister were not that close [ I am not saying you do not love your sister ] and about the fact she was like a [ ghost ] after the flood ; meant she would go through some ordeal were she would feel like not herself [ a abortion is a very unnatural thing for the body ] so yes you got it right

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you ; this dream has a meaning about your sister . I knew right away ; when you said ; in the dream she was dead that ; your relation as brother and sister were not that close [ I am not saying you do not love your sister ] and about the fact she was like a [ ghost ] after the flood ; meant she would go through some ordeal were she would feel like not herself [ a abortion is a very unnatural thing for the body ] so yes you got it right