Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm trying 2 figure out which type of rings R better. My Future hubby works w/ his

hands a lot? He would prefer a Tungsten Band but, I heard if it needs to be cut off they would have to cut his finger because Tungsten is not cutable. Is there any truth to that? If so what type of ring is good for some one who uses their hands a lot?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I work in a shop. I have a silver ring and a white gold ring. the silver one (granted it is made thinner, but) bends a little if i smash my hand. I havent had any problems with the white gold (because i dont think white gold is 100% gold- but an amalgam of several different metals).

altho, i hear the best to get are the pweter ones are the toughest. altho, they are the priciest too.

i dunno about the tungsten.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My fiance is a firefighter and we got him a titanium & 18k yellow gold band. Very strong. Emergency personnel have a tool that cuts rings. my fiance hasn't had the opportunity yet to cut anything other than gold and platinum, but titanium (& tungsten, too, I believe) are supposedly able to be cut.

good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    platinum is the strongest and yet most elegant metal for wedding bands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tungsten would be the way to go it doesn't scratch or get damaged easily. No he wont have to get his finger cut off to remove the ring in case of emergency. That's an urban legend. Don't worry alot of people think that. Tungsten is perfect for him I included a link and they even explain about tungsten and they say it can be cut off. Hope this helps you :-)