Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a high school dropout and i'm confused about what is going to happen...

...with my future!?!? I'm 16 years old and I turn 17 in two months. I dropped out last fall in 9th grade because of social anxiety. I've had a hell of a time with school my whole life. I barely have a 6th grade education but i'm not dumb. I can read great, spell great, and write great. I just think that school wasnt made for me.

I was hoping to get my GED instead of going back to school this fall. I just want to be out of school and go to college and take autobody collision repair or automotive technician courses. The only thing im interested in/good at is working on cars.

I found out that my school district has GED classes at this vocational school. So then I end up e-mailing the counselor at the vocational school and she tells me that shes also a GED test examineer. She tells me that the district doesnt offer GED classes for people under 20, but instead they have a high school completion program. Its a 3 year program and you can earn your diploma through the vocational school. She tells me that they have GED classes in my cities area. She says that she was going to look into GED classes for me though and then email me and tell me what shes found out. I really want to get my GED so I can just skip school and go to college. I'm a really smart person and I think with a little bit of studying, I will be able to pass the GED test. I hear that the HSC program is for people who have gotten suspended or expelled and I fear that I might have some of those kids in my classes and it will interfere with my anxiety. Its for people 16-19 who dropped out. She told me that my parents might need to sign for me to go GED.

So if she finds out that I can take GED classes if she has my parents sign for me, should I take them? Will the older students think im weird or think different of me because im younger? I really want to get my GED though and then get a job, then go to college! All I do is worry about school and fear that my future will be nothing but me being a bum!
    haha jose youll be working on yahoo answers the rest of your life getting paid NOTHING you immature kid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll end up workin in McDonalds for the rest of your bummy @@ss life

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. First, remember that the purpose of education is to give you the freedom of choice. What you do with that education is up to you. Now, depending on the state you live in, you have more options than just the GED. If going back to public school isn't for you, have you talked to your counselor about an independent study program? Have you considered online courses to complete your diploma? What about home schooling? Don't forget charter schools. Next, depending on your last gpa, some community colleges offer enrollment to high school students in some classes. Automotive classes or any other "skills" classes are usually offered to students like yourself, while also completing the high school diploma or equivalent. No one will think you're weird for going a different route. Not anyone that matters anyway. All schools do not fit all students no matter what anyone tells you. What is important is that you make a plan and stick to it.
    Best wishes and good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    From the way you stated you question, and the issues you are dealing with I would agree you are above average intellectually.
    I would suggest that you deal with the cause of your "social anxiety", and then consider where and how you will deal with you education.

First thing first, you know the cause now you must deal with the effect.

Junior Member osmanjailani4075829's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    some people are just not made out to be an academician and you are one of them.identify what you are good for and whether you can learn some skill or not..once you know what you are good at go for it..you can still be a millionaire without going to college..many wealthy people today cannot read or write..just identify and go for it.