Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member SomewhatEnlightened's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ignoring Christian or other doomsday prophecies, and just using math, what is...

...the probability of the human? race surviving another 10 years?

You need to know a couple things at least: the limits of our resources, the probability (frequencies) of disease, famine, natural disasters and war occurring, and the impact of testosterone on any given population. Also the ratio of the skill level of the replacements (children) to the out-going (seniors) population.

Given only these factors, how likely is it that we are going to survive?

In spite of the optimistic outcome that might be extrapolated from the present trend of health and wealth of present day populations?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man is resilient. We adapt to many situations and disasters. So WE WILL survive at lot longer than 10 years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probability? Ask yourself how long do you think you will live apart from God?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would guess that calculating a rational probability would be unrealistic at this time. From a food versus population viewpoint, it is highly likely that if we continue current eating habits and agricultural & fishing practices, that we will not be able to feed most of the world's population by 2050.

Human survival for the next 10 or so years is very likely, but as we look 50 years and over, there are a variety of problems (mostly related to resource usage and impact on the environment) that will significantly change how we live and may threaten our survival as a species.

Downloads
    Uploads
    with all those dark ages and great depressions...
    Our races was in worst things, don't worry : )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Either way you look at it.................we're goners........................it's over.................times up!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The earth surviving another ten years. I would hope that it last way longer than that because I want to have a family. I want a chance to be an adult. I want to live my life all the way through. Overall I want to fulfill the main dream that I have and that's to be one of the greatest artist alive. This will take time to accomplish. A lot of time. I'm still young and would hate it if the earth ends before I accomplish any of these. By the looks of things though I'd say the earth might go another 10 years. Remember before the earth ends the seven years of tribulation have to happen. I don't want to be around for that.