Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love fashion and i only see myself working for a fashion house in the future..?

but thing is, i got good grades at GCSE ( 3 A* and 7 A's) and im doing tough A Levels so i dont want to apply to London college of fashion, for example, because they only ask for a small amount of GCSEs and the same for A Levels at quite low grades...so i feel that all my work may have gone to waste..any suggestions for a degree that could get me closer to my goal? Or lead me in the right direction?

Junior Member to_tell_the_truth_2009's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More than anything else, it's about connections. Do you have any?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean fashion business and not fashion design, correct?

You could do quite well going to a reputable university, and focusing your studies on something like economics and business, or management studies, or media and promotion, or communications. Or you could focus more on fashion, and study fashion forecasting, or fashion business, etc. All of which are available at true, full universities, where your A levels would be useful and not a waste.

For example, from the UCAS site, here is a list of the fashion related courses:
    http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/DFeWA3umG-6LoL_db9AkCwAlCk601-3sIt/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSearch.whereNext?query=254&word=FA SHION

You can click through each one, see which unis they are offered at, see which courses you prefer; and if none of them suit you, move on to management, economics, etc.

In fact, you could study management at uni, and do a summer course in fashion at a pure fashion school to improve that aspect of your CV.

The key thing is that, while you study, you need to do an internship for a fashion house. That is vital. That is key. That is how you'll get your first job in the industry when you graduate, no matter what subject you do your degree in. Do not skip the internship. Make sure any uni you look at can help you get an internship in the fashion industry. Do that, plus your degree, and you'll be on the right track.