I'm 16 years old turning 17 in October. I have had a terrible time with school and personal life. It started in middle school in 6th grade where I gained tons of weight because of puberty. Kids would tease me and pick on me and then I developed social anxiety from it. I was scared to go to school and scared to go out and around people. I eventually failed 6th grade and all my friends moved on. All my friends stopped talking to me because I never seen them around school or nothing, I also stopped hanging out around them. All the way through middle school I had this anxiety but I never told anyone. They all thought I was being lazy because I refused to go to school. I didnt know what was wrong with me, I knew I wasnt lazy, I just thought I was retarded or something! Everytime I went out or around people I would get so nervous and anxious. So after I started 9th grade last year, I dropped out a month after school started because of the anxiety. So instead of sitting on my butt all day doing nothing but sitting on the computer, my parents bought me a treadmill and thats all ive been doing it excersising on that like 1-3 times a day. I have lost quite a bit of weight and im still a little chubby but I learned not to care. I still get anxious sometimes being around people in public and stuff. I sit in my house and constantly worry about what my future will be like if I dont get rid of this anxiety or shyness.

I was thinking about getting my GED and then going to college. But here in my state, you can take GED classes (which I will need probably, since I dropped out in 7th and 8th grade too.) and take the GED test, but you cannot get your GED until your class has graduated. I was thinking about doing this and taking the GED test early just to get school over with and in 2 years I will have my GED certificate. I emailed the counselor at the vacational school in my city and shes told me alot but she hasnt gotten back to me. The GED classes start next Tuesday, the same day school starts!
I was looking to get a part time job somewhere and have actually filled out some applications but have gotten nowhere. Noone has called me or nothing.

The only thing i'm good in is working on cars. I want to go to college after I get my GED and study automotive technology or collision repair.
I'm scared that I will be a dumbass my whole life! I've wasted like 5 years of life already doing nothing but sitting on my computer!