Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Humanity, Science and the future?

I am reading an article on the future of science and how they will be able to determine your personality type, compatiblity with someone, etc based on genetics. I was also reading an article on genetics may play a factor in determining if someone is fit for the job. What do you think of the future of medicine and the sciences? No offense after reading that article the first thing I thought of was the revival of Eugenics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we have to accept it as best we can, because there is absolutely no stopping technology. Every generation thinks the next advancement is so awful, but there's nothing you can do about it. It's happening.

So instead of questioning whether or not we should do it, or move ahead, we have to focus on developing the most ethical version of whatever it is.

It's scary, but it's always scary. I hear you about the eugenics thing, that's what I thought of too, but we'll just have to wait and see and hope the right people make the right decisions.