Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How would I go about approaching my parents about me being a conspiracy theorist?

I am a teenager and lately, I've been watching the news. A lot of the topics are disturbing. A long time ago, I watched both Zeitgeist films and started watching some of Alex Jone's films. I've read the documents and articles. I've been listening to his show for some time now, about 4 or so months. My parents know nothing about my browsing history, usually filled with articles and documents from Alex Jones' sites.

How would I go about approaching my parents about being a conspiracy theorist? I don't want them to send me to the funny farm but I believe very strongly in a New World Order.

Thank you.
    I can't wait, it's happening right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    don't know what to say to your parents,but a good radio show to listen to is coast to coast am with george noory

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would start taking medication. Seriously. Or seeking help through a therapist.

I believe one of the symptoms Paranoid Schizophrenia is something called "illusions of grandeur".

I have a brother who feels the same way and he is under a lot of medication (completely a brilliant kid but his knowledge of the world stresses him out violently to the point where he cant work a full 40 hr workload), I can see how some of the world seems to scheme itself out. but you have to go outside and do something positive for yourself and only yourself to see if this is what you truly believe.

As far as letting your parents know, ask them to set aside some time to explain it to them in a calm peaceful manner. Laying something like this on your family usually freaks them the hell out and ruins their lives, because as a family member of someone who only believes in conspiracy theories when he is going to have to take a trip to the funny farm, its just a major red flag as far as admitting you know you are about to lose your sanity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    they already know, shhhhhh

Downloads
    Uploads
    please start watching movies debating the other side of new world order also. It would be awful if that were to actually ever happen.

as for your parents...just be honest with him and tell them exactly how you feel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well, I don't see it coming up in a conversation anytime soon with ur parents. But like the 1st answer said, debate both sides and so more research. There is a difference in being interested/researching something and being a conspiracy theorist. Of course, just be honest with them if the time does come. I don't think they will send u away unless u get super crazy with this whole thing. Just do your private research and don't let in interfere with your normal life.

Junior Member majesticproductions's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coast to Coast is ok, but don't do like I did and disprove one of their theories with actual facts and research.

Having said that, Approaching your parents with something like that is best left for another time. You're young, (you said teenager) and anything you say could be taken the wrong way. Remember, most conspiracy theorists are total nuts. I mean seriously way out there wackos. You don't want your parents to think that of you. So if I were you I'd err on the side of caution for now and just let it go. Their knowing your beliefs isn't going to change theirs any, but it may change the way they treat you. In the end, it's better to just let things go as they were, and save the grand revelations for another time. Maybe when you're older.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might have a casual conversation like ' Mom and dad you know how you worried that I might wreck the car? Well I'm still accident free. And you know how you worried I might be gay, get an STD, use drugs or get my girlfriend pregnant. Not a chance. The worries about me dropping out of school - I made the straight A honor roll again. Oh by the way I'm a Conspiracy Theorist."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that makes you a conspiracy theorist. It just means you're heavily influenced by Alex Jones.