Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How and when do I tell a possible future employer I'm preggo?

I had an interview today for a great company that I would love to work for, they loved me and I could tell were very interested! At one point in the interview they asked if I would be taking any vacations or anything that would cause scheduling problems and I said no, not realizing until after I walked out the door that this was when they were probably expecting me to tell them I'm preggo! I'm 6.5 months along, and showing, but I wore a satin flowy blouse, so it may have looked like I could just possibly be a little over weight lol

Anyhow, I've never searched for a job while already being pregnant, when am I supposed to tell them? It just didn't feel right to blurt it out during the interview, I want a fair shot at the job! But I also don't want to feel as if I'm lying... I was thinking of saying something when/if they extend a job offer. What do I say?

My girlfriend says I should call them back and tell them that I forgot to mention during the interview that I was preggo. What do you think?
    I lost my job in the beginning of August.. can't pay rent or bills unless I get another one! I'm in a hard situation right now.. I have to be able to provide for my family, so unfortunately I can't just stay at home.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeh, why are you looking for a job now- wont be long before you need quite a bit of time off. look if you get offered the job, your probably best to turn it down-because you are pregnant. Dont waist there time and money, they will only need to readvertise for someone else in a few months-you cant get a fair shot at the job, when you cant be honest with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I told my employer right away. Because if they found out I was pregnant if they are shady they could have lied and used another excuse to fire me. Just tell them you would really love the job and are really interested, but you forgot to let them know that you are pregnant. Tell them you want to be honest but understand if they can't hire you. They will respect your honesty

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't tell them until they hire you legally in californina you don't have to tell them unless they ask you if your pregnant. Although they did ask you if you were gonna need vacation... but I wouldn't tell them until I got the job.

Junior Member HopeisGonnabeamom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    call them and tell them u forgot

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suggest you follow up your great interview with a courtesy call or email to let them know you're really interested in the position. Then explain to them that you didnt know how to approach your pregnancy during the interview and tell them how long you're wanting to take off and when you're due.

All the best

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, i wouldnt say anything at all unless they offered you the job, and after you were hired then i would say something. If they state they are an Equal Opportunity Employer, they can not fire you for being pregnant, if they have over 15 employees, if they have less, then its a different story. but you do not have to tell them you are pregnant, they can not legally ask you that either. thats why job applications just dont come out and ask you that. they try to find out by asking questions. depending upon the reason you lost your job, id try to collect unemployment.