Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How should I tell my future employer that I was "let go" from my cashier job?

I'm filling out an application and in the reason for leaving part, I'm going to say I was let go and would explain it in my interview. This is not my explanation because it is way too long, I just wanted to let you guys know what happened.

It was my first time cashiering at a grocery store. I was let go after 2 months of working there. The reason why I was let go was because I had left $100 next to the cash register. I had it out because I was about to get change for it because I was running out of cash in my drawer but had a long line of customers waiting. I did not want the customers to wait so I kept on checking them out, then later one employer said I could go on break and had forgot about the $100 laying there. It was a very stressful day for me. I know everyone has those so it's not an excuse. The reason behind it, however, was because I was having problems with one of my friend’s stupid decisions. She ran away from home, cheated on her marine boyfriend with another guy she hardly knew and stayed with him. She had some serious problems and I was mad but worried about her at the same time. She also worked with me but I believe she was fired for cursing at the manager. During that time, that was what my mind was on and I wished it hadn’t had an effect on my job performance because I was doing a lot better. I also had problems with the cashier computers at times.

How should I explain this in a good way?
    Sorry for all "because" words. I would not actually say this in an interview.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell them your position was no longer available. They don't have the right to know the reason you left