Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How should I react to my future husbands family calling and telling his Ex

about our wedding plans? I'm getting married in Oct and seen an email from my fiancees son saying that my fiancees brother and his wife call my fiancees ex all the time and have been telling her all the informations about our wedding. I want a simple wedding without the ex there but seems I cant keep everyone from telling her my plans. What should be done or should I react to it at all.

I have told my fiancee that she is not invited and I do not want her around any of my business

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok..you are marrying a man that has a son. If you don't want the boy's mother there then tell him and tell him that it is an invasion to your rights to have your wedding as you see fit. Usually ex's aren't invited. when I go married for the third time ( and I still wish to this day my third was my first)I didn't invite my first two husbands that I had married. I had tried to get my son for the wedding but maybe it was just as well cause I was starting anew again. So my husband loves my son and would do anything that was in his power to make me happy. If the man you are about to marry loves you the same then he needs to keep his past life out of it save the boy.hope this helps.

txstitches

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your fiance needs to talk to his family and let them know what they are doing is unappropriate. While he cant stop them from talking to her, he can tell them to keep his business out of their conversation. I would also keep wedding plans to yourselves from now on. Dont give them anything to talk about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What makes you think she is going to show up just because she knows about the wedding date and plans? She keeps in contact with your fiance's family members because they share a child. The topic of the wedding probably just came up in conversation, or it's possible she has a genuine interest in him being happy and getting married. What's the harm in that?

Sorry, but you didn't mention why you hate this woman so much. Is it just a rule that women have to hate all their partner's exes?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of the pitfalls of marrying someone who has been married before, especially when children are involved.

To a certain extent, she will always be present in your life/marriage through the son at most important family occasions. Is she really interested in the details? are your future in-laws still good friends? doing this to needle you?

Usually the ex's 2nd wedding is the last place #1 wants to be, but don't let on that 'she' annoys you as then everyone will know which buttons to push (son and in-laws) to get a rise out of you.

As far as your 'business' goes, again while the son is a minor she can petition the courts to see 'all of your personal business'. Perhaps it would be a good idea to check the laws where you live to find out to what extent she would have access to your personal info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    first - it's totally inappropriate for a former spouse to go to the wedding. You can't stop his family from doing what they're doing with out causing a whole bunch of drama and somehow you'll look like the bad guy to them.... if you can possibly do so, try to rise above it- he's marrying YOU. If you're concerned about her causing trouble make sure the officiant doesn't ask for objections.