I am an 18 year old female and just found out my cholesterol is 234.
i exercise normally, and try to eat as healthy as i can. the doctor said the tests looked like i had been eating a lot of eggs and beef...
i HATE eggs. they make me sick, literally. also, i eat beef only about once a week, because i prefer chicken over beef any day.
my doctor also said i needed to be exercising an hour a day. i havent really had time to work out this summer, because i work over 50 hours a week (no joke), but im CONSTANTLY doing something, i dont just sit around. But during the school year, i go to the gym at my university every single day, im really good about that.
besides genetics, i dont understand how my cholesterol could be that high.
my paternal grandfather has heart disease, and i have 2 great uncles that have died from heart disease.
what do you think my chances are of developing heart disease? thanks..

another thing is that im not really overweight. i could stand to lose 10 pounds or so, but who cant?
ANOTHER thing is that last week, almost every day i experienced sharp pains around my heart and a few just in my chest. they only lasted about a minute, but i had to stop what i was doing until they went away. i dont know if this had anything to do with it....