This is the first time I've ever been in a mutually committed relationship, so I don't exactly know how to approach this. My boyfriend wants to know what I see from us, long term. And if I see a "future." (????) How does a person talk about the "future" when it's sprung up like that? What issues do people usually talk about? What do people usually want to know? And does he mean, marriage?

He's expressed positive comments, such as:
-wanting to be with me
-wanting proximity (we live 3 hours away, so we see each other once a week, or every other week)
-that he's afraid of loosing me
-that he wants to live with me

He's not asking this because of doubts, btw. It was a sincere question about the direction of our relationship.

I don't know how i'm supposed to asnwer this when

1)I'm still in college (2 more years to go).
2)He's working; and travels a lot for extended periods of time (read: Usually gone for a year. But it hasn't been a negative factor.) Meaning--it's hard to guess where we'll be, much less the future of our relationship, since our futures are both so uncertain/ unchangable.

Is it bad that while I may want to marry him eventually, I couldn't answer his questions? Aren't they supposed to come naturally?