Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I cope with a future divorce????

I'm 17 and I'm pretty sure that my parents are going to go with a divorce within one to two years. Constant yelling and bickering and threats confirms it. I find it really painful but know that there isn't a dam thing I can do to stop it. So that's why I think it could be more painful when the day finally comes.

I do realize that arguments are normal within families, but I'm VERY sure that this will end the way I think it will. How can I cope? What processes will I have to go through? Can I start living on my own to get away? Impractical I know, but now it's a dream.

Downloads
    Uploads
    think of today as a present and live what u got right now, dont worry about whats in few months or whats in few years. I would suggest you to focus on urself, u're gonna be adult and independent soon and u would wanna travel the world or do what u like, u would not need to be around ur mommy & daddy anymore, its their decision if they want to bicker or argue or get separated, but knowing this, they will always be ur mom & dad and will always be around. Maybe it will make them a better life and happier or they will bicker for the rest of their live together until they're really old, trust me, ive seen it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best thing to do is to sit them down and tell them how you feel. Be honest. Let them know that the fighting is starting to bother you and ask them to either get help, or keep it down. This my be the kick in the butt that they need to get back on track. It helped with my parents. They had been married 17 years when this started, they have been married now 25.