Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do I control premonitions?

It started when I was a kid. I would feel a sudden feeling and then something would happen. As I got older I could tell who it would happen to but never be able to bloke it out. It was a good thing at first. like one day I saved my friend from getting hit by a car but know even when I walk by someone I can tell if something bad will happen to them or not. Someday's my friends think I jinks them and I hate it. All I was to do is live a normal life, how can I live with this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can't :[
    I get them too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dunno if they are premonitions, maybe a gut feeling (aka intuition), where intuition is the apparent ability to acquire knowledge without inference or the use of reason. Intuition provides us with beliefs that we cannot necessarily justify. For this reason, it has been the subject of study in psychology, as well as a topic of interest in the supernatural. In other words it helps you sort of predict the future with the little things you see but take no notice of.

For example I read about this woman who had a feeling that a flood was going to happen. She told her parents but they did not believe her. Moments later, a flood happened and she knew because she says she remembers seeing dead livestock but took no notice of it. Another example, a women had a feeling a certain man was going to rape her after he offered to carry her bags to her apartment. Moments later, she was raped. Although the man promised he wasn't going to kill her afterward she escaped because she felt he was going to. How did she know? Days later she was interview and says she recalled his vehicle circling her apartment but paid no attention to it. She remembered him shutting the window while he was in her apartment so no one would hear her scream or a bullet shot. And when he said he was going to the kitchen to get a drink she heard him shuffling through the drawers, where she subconsciously asked herself why would he need to look near the silverware for a drink. The man was known for killing the women with a gun after raping them.

Anyway do you see what I am saying, sometimes we notice things we aren't fully aware of and then are minds somehow can predict the future from that information. You can't control it, just be aware.

Sorry to tell such a long story but I learned about it in a class once. lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    You've been given a gift - it's a part of you. Use it to work with you, not against you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take antipsychotic drugs. There are no such things as premonitions, just coincidences, and intuition that can me misinterpreted as a premonition.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom has the same thing. I don't think it's something you can help. But think of yourself as blessed! A lot of us don't have that ability.

Happy Holidays!

Downloads
    Uploads
    go see a doctor and quick.... you're insane.

Junior Member depressed&unstable's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe you have no choice if you've been given a gift. Although it could all be in your head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    kill yourself

Unregistered
    you could meditate with crystal ... i know this sounds boring nd well un fun but it helps ... yea i get premonitions too .... its started of in my dreams not always remembering them ... which then grow into me hearing the future ... then forwarded into a full blown premonitions ... it hurt like hell ... funny thing is it happened in split seconds real time but it felt like 30 secs or so in my head i saw a future event olny 2 mins forward in time nd a couple days backward in time ... it was pretty cool the first time but it hurt like hell almost like a migraine ... that was the first premonition i had that was when i was 13 ... im fourteen now and i still have dream premonition and hear the future but that was my first and only premonition i had while i was awake :eyes open: im trying to strengthin my powers with meditation and see if i can get a real full blown premonition again ... so im curious how old are you and when did u first get ur psychic abilities .... one more thing i also get gut feelings though i do follow them and they are usually rite .... so i hope what i had to say was helpful ... keep doing your work saving lives .... <3