Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How am I suppose to deal with my future?

People are always telling me that it is OK not to know what I want to do at the age of 17 and that my future will work out. I don't know how to deal with my future. I simply cannot just sit down and let life take its course, because it simply won't! I've spent the last 4 years attempting suicide, dealing with major depression, etc. etc. and I simply cannot believe that things will "just work out". I am terrified that my future will slip out of my hands and become as wasted as my youth. How am I suppose to handle this anxiety!? My future simply won't work out on its own! Nothing ever works out for me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok listen here you little crybaby, not one single person on this entire earth knows what is in store for them when the grow up. Life sucks and life a bitch, and that's the reality that everyone goes through. The only thing you can do for yourself is to take control of your life as soon as possible, whether that be, go to college, or join the military, or traveling the world. You need to find out who you are and what makes you happy and somewhere down the road you'll figure things out.

I was just like you at your age, except for the whole suicide thing, but I had no idea what I was gonna do after high school. First I didn't do anything except work, that wasn't for me. Then I went to college, that didn't work. Then I joined the Navy, failed at that too. I'm 21 and I finally found what I want to do with my life and I can honestly say that I am finally happy with where I'm at.

By the way, nobodies future works out on it's own, eventually everyone just settles with what they have. And if you're really serious about this cry for attention suicide thing, then you won't have to worry about how your future will work out anyways. All I can do is give you my honest truth. Hope all goes well.