Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hopi Prophecy, comet elenin?

I read that the Hopi tribe predicted comet elenin as the Blue Kachina, and I am starting to believe its going to happen on the 26th.

But I just want to know what others think. For those who believe it, dont say "Stock up on supplies" Cuz if this does happen, and billions die, I sure as fuuuck don't want to be alive, lol.

But why do people believe in this all of a sudden? a few years ago it was all about the mayans and 2012, lol.

Just kinda confused/scared. I'm about 40/60 on the subject, leaning more towards its gonna be fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is going to happen on the 26th - Elenin has already passed perihelion (when it broke up into smaller chunks by the way) and it doesn't get closest to Earth until October 16 (at which time it will still be over 100 times as far as the moon).

The Hopi didn't predict Elenin - the Blue Kachina can be interpreted to mean almost anything.

Elenin is half the size of Mt Everest, about an eighth the size of Halley's Comet. Its too small and too far away to even be visible without a good telescope - the only people that think it could possibly affect the Earth are uneducated or gullible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The answer is in your question, "why do people believe in this all of a sudden? a few years ago it was all about the mayans and 2012". There are always end of the world disaster stories out there. They come and go all the time. Do not waste your time listening to them. It is easy to recognize a real disaster or possible disaster because those are all over the regular news media. The stories that are only on blogs that are claiming the government knows all about it but is keeping it secret are always false.

Downloads
    Uploads
    <QUOTE>I am starting to believe its going to happen on the 26th.</QUOTE>

*WHAT* is going to happen on the 26th?!

I thought it was the 15th. There were people here, early of this month, saying that they were SO SURE that "something" (?!) was going to happen on the 15th. I never heard back from them.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av_2NF5BlzyM5MrDk0vWarDty6IX;_ylv=3?qid =20110903120528AA7Q8GC
    With earthquakes happening ALL THE TIME around the world,
    http://www.oe-files.de/gmaps/eqmashup.html
    they never really got to the part about how an "Elenin quake" differs from an "Earth quake"...

<QUOTE>if this does happen, and billions die, </QUOTE>

There are going to die as many billions as the ones who died in the previous apocalypses.
    http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

<QUOTE>why do people believe in this all of a sudden?</QUOTE>

They'll believe ANYTHING that sounds fantastic and ominous enough. Especially if it sounds "science-y", because... those people don't know enough science to tell something plausible from implausible.

<QUOTE>Just kinda confused/scared.</QUOTE>

I'm sorry that you're going through this. It's unfortunate that those people are putting young people like you through this suffering. Read this story:
    http://www.2012hoax.org/kat-s-story
    The people from which you hear those lies -- you never hear from them again after the time has passed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just about every crackpot site on the internet has this uncredited quote: "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge".

Well, comet Elenin isn't blue and it won't be visible to the naked eye because it's tiny and a long way off. Do me a favour, do a little research and find out how many comets pass through the solar system every year.

This seems to be part of the whole 2012 thing. The more impatient nut jobs can't wait for December 2012, they want something to get hysterical about NOW, so they picked a comet at random.

Why do people believe this stuff? Ignorance and gullibility. It's really quite sad that in the 21st century some people have this mentality. "All the astronomers say nothing is going to happen but some guy posted a video on YouTube saying that an old Indian legend said that this comet was going to come and guess what - there is a comet!!! The guy on YouTube must be right!"
    The really sad thing is that in January 2013 when absolutely nothing has happened they won't learn their lesson. They will forget all about it until some other snake-oil salesman with a book or a film to sell comes up with a new date for the end of the world, then they will believe that.

They say every village has an idiot. Well the internet has created a global network of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't you heard the news: Coment Elenin is breaking up. The solar wind is destroying the 2km chunk of ice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comet Elenin is >4km now so even if it does hit the earth it won't cause any sort of extinction.