Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with my Future PC not sure what MoBo to get.?

I'm building a new Computer. I made a wish list on New egg.
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?Source=MSWD&WishListNumber=4 985949
    What do you think of it?
    What Motherboard would bring the best out of all that and be capable of future updates such as a Quad core and DDR3 RAM and eventually a new Video card. it's meant to be a Gaming PC.
    I'd love to hear your opinion and what you would do differently and why.

-Thank you!

-Tim

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're paying too much for the CPU and video card, look at AMD and ATI for comparable parts for cheaper. Also, you're missing a hard drive on that list. And if you're looking at making this a high end gaming PC, you're going to want vista ultimate, M$ has no plans of making XP run directx10. Despite what you hear, vista runs great on a good computer that can actually handle it. I'll include some parts I bought which run crysis at full settings in the sources. As far as the motherboard, I'd go with the MSI K9A2 Platinum. I know it only supports DDR2, but DDR3 is just excessive and it won't even give a noticeable performance boost for another couple years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're paying too much for the CPU and video card, look at AMD and ATI for comparable parts for cheaper. Also, you're missing a hard drive on that list. And if you're looking at making this a high end gaming PC, you're going to want vista ultimate, M$ has no plans of making XP run directx10. Despite what you hear, vista runs great on a good computer that can actually handle it. I'll include some parts I bought which run crysis at full settings in the sources. As far as the motherboard, I'd go with the MSI K9A2 Platinum. I know it only supports DDR2, but DDR3 is just excessive and it won't even give a noticeable performance boost for another couple years.