Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP with future plans?

Ok Im just going to let it all out. Im a senior in high school and I was planning to go to a community college and then transfer to a university. But i was thinking of joining the military to pay for my college fees, but everyone is telling me i shouldnt because this and that while others are saying yea go for it. Im sooo confused on what i want to do, i know i have till june (graduation) but its going to come by fast and i want to have a plan. I NEED to go to college, not going is not an option. I just want to have a good sucessful life, to make my parents proud but then again im not really einstein over here but i can work hard i know if i choose to just go to college and not join the military i am going to suffer paying back all those loans and i know employers are looking for people with experience not just a degree. UGH PLEASE HELP IM SOOO STRESSED OUT && SCARED !

thank you !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the military is not the place to go if you are unsure of what you want to do with your life and just want to please your parents. It might be a good idea to start community college and get your liberal arts requirements out of the way and you can put off the decision to join the military or go to a 4 year university a bit longer. Junior colleges, two year colleges are relatively affordable. You can live at home and commute and you might be able to find part time employment to supplement your tuition and expenses. Get information on what requirements need to be met at the university you want to go to in two years. Try to get as many of those liberal arts requirements out of the way before you get there. Ideally, you want to transfer in as many courses/credits as you can. Then you can take courses in a major of your choice in your last 4 years.
    As for the military, you really have to decide in your own heart that is for you and not just because you want to make your family proud. You will be up at 4am doing push ups in the mud. You will be marching 20 miles a day. You will have officers calling you every nasty name in the book. You will be bunking in with people you couldn't stand in class for the day- and you will be with them 24/7. It's tough. Talk to some people that have been in the service you want to serve in. I suggest the Navy- but do what you want.
    My father wanted me to sign up for the Navy ROTC but I fought with him and didn't do it. I checked with a guidance counselor at my high school and I did not have the math scores on my SAT they required.