Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have Jehovahs ever disfellowshipped someone for making a false prophecy?

I keep thinking about brothers and sisters I have seen disfellowshipped for fornication over my lifetime as a JW. One sister I remember from Lopez Island in Washington, got a "worldly" boyfriend and ended up committing fornication. She was disfellowshipped and treated like the biggest whore who ever lived. She was kicked out of her home and shunned by her family.

Later of course, she got married and had kids, Now as a mother, she is just a normal mother like any other, but still regarded as a fornicating whore by the JW congregation on Orcas Island.

But what about the sin of false prophecy? Why has noone ever been disfellowshipped for that? In fact, if the headquarters were to make a false prophecy in the Watchtower magazine, wouyld anybody be disfellowshipped for that? Do the leaders of the organization have carte blanche when it comes to the sin of false porophecy? Who will disfellowship them if they commit that sin? Yet if someone fornicates, oh my God, their whole life is ruined.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The JWs do not seem to believe that prophets (like those of the Old Testament) exist in the world today. As such, they don't seem to have the concept that any of their leaders (or members) can prophecy of future events, and rely, instead, on man's reckoning to predict events like the return of Jesus (which was to take place in the early 1900s. When that didn't happen, they explained it by saying that he took to his throne at that time, even though they had absolutely no evidence.

I can attest that JWs will "shun" anyone who leaves their denomination for another. While there is no scriptural justification for such action, it seems to be part of their religion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are sacraments in marriage that create a bond of man and woman that eyes for another ceases . . . And husband and wife would only have eyes for each other . . . So worldly or ethreal . . . Love is love . . . As for the harshness of JW . . . Seem harsh . . . The natural vibe of jehovah, in my experience, was more kind . . . And hopefully would frown upon treating someone so cruel . . . Fruit of spirit for that congregation . . . I suppose . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    With respect, you can read minds can you? Is that how you know she is regarded as a "fornicating whore?"

The ONLY reason she was disfellowshipped was because she wasn't sorry for her unbiblical actions and she did not cease engaging in premarital sex - she could easily have stopped the sex until she was married

Jehovah's Witnesses have never made any prophecies; their aim is to interpret Bible prophecies, not make their own - hence they do not claim to be inspired of God

Perhaps you are unaware that practising fornication is a sin?

Galatians 5: 21 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20*idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21*envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s kingdom.

The scripture above is very clear - fornication is a serious sin but it is also one which can be forgiven if the person is repentant and ceases the sinful act.