Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have any modern mormon prophets had any kind of prophecy that has been proved to...

...be true? As these men are believed to have a "direct line" to God, have any of them ever prophesied anything on record that has been proved true?

Because it had been asked- something has been proved true if it actually happened... like on record, without being recorded by only mormons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, if you put more than 1 earring in your ear...blah blah blah.

Actually, no. They're all frauds and everyone knows it except the brainwashed drones known as morons...oops, I mean mormons, sorry

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are many detailed prophecies which have come true. Joseph Smith's most famous prophecy was of the Civil War. He predicted that it would start in South Carolina, and that other nations would be invited by the North and the South to join them. He then went on to predict that these treaties between nations would lead to a world war. This prophecy was published in the newspaper 30 years before the Civil War started.
    Another prophecy of his concerned Dr. William Richards. He told Dr. Richards that the day would come when bullets would rain down on him like hail, but that he would not get so much as one hole in his clothing. A year later, he was eating dinner when a group of over 150 armed men opened fire in the small room where he was eating, some through the door, and some through the window. Two other men that were with him died, but his only injury was where a bullet grazed his ear.
    Brigham Young had fewer prophecies, but he still had them. He prophesied that the men in the Mormon Battalion would never see battle - except against wild animals. The Mexican forts fell one by one without a shot, and their only battle was against a herd of wild bison who inexplicably started charging them.
    There have been many prophecies, and there are several books which talk about them. More than a thousand men are set apart in the Mormon church to prophesy, and their prophesies are recorded and stored in Salt Lake City. Every worthy member is entitled to receive what is called a Patriarchal Blessing - a prophecy of their life. I received mine at the age of 15 or 16. Almost everything in my blessing has come true, although hopefully my life is far from over.
    We are a church of prophecy and revelation.

Here is a link which describes more of Joseph Smith's prophecies.
    http://www.jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/FQ_prophecies.shtml

WellTraveled's examples of failed prophecies are debateable. Joseph prophesied, for example, that the government would be overthrown. The government at the time was run by Whigs. The Whigs lost power and were never seen again. The old government which consisted of a group of treatied nations or "states" was replaced with a new government that assumed much stronger authority over the states. The South's right to separate from the other states was challenged in open warfare. We all know the outcome of that war. The government of These United States was replaced by the government of The United States of America. New laws, new people, new powers and authority; the government that was established after the Civil war was quite different from its predecessor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who decides what came true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, you'll see lots of convoluted and strained explanations from mormons to claim there have been...
    But how about a few from good old Joseph himself that have absolutely *not* come true (and can't)?

http://trialsofascension.net/mormon/prophecies.html

Peace.