Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Future of Republican party?

Do you think they will regroup themselves and change their agendas that are inclined with newer America or will they keep their old neo con ideologies ( one of the biggest reason of their loss in 08 ) in order to survive

Because i don't see Republicans getting elected back to the ruling body any time soon ( may be in next 15/20 yrs )

Downloads
    Uploads
    obama will do more for the republicans than Jimmy Carter did,the terrorist knows that obama is a run and hide kind of coward, they will attack our country many times over the next 4 years

Downloads
    Uploads
    By 2040, there'll be more "minorities" than whites in America. So they had better change their agenda's or sell them to people of color more or they have no chance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They'll come back.

I wasn't around back when this happened but I'm sure everyone thought the party was dead after Nixon lied in the 1970s, but they came back didn't they?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. They'll throw out the Bush style politics. And go back to something more like Ronald Reagan. Numerous veteran senators lost their jobs in the lest election. In the future, Republicans will remember this and be reluctant to go along with anything like the last 8 years for a very long time.

After voters rejected Herbert Hoover (Republican) because of the great depression, the Democrats controlled the white house for 20 years, starting with FDR. Hoover's approval ratings were approximately the same as Bush's are today.

Junior Member timmaycahillisbackt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It wont take 15 to 20 years but its like their party has been hijacked by 2 groups who are not remotely similar. You have the religious crazies who are anti abortion, don't really trust a black leader types and then you have the neo cons who make up the main ideological platform for the party. Actual conservatives, i.e economic conservatives, fiscally responsible intellectuals no longer are part of the party. They have move away from their true conservative values by accepting the ideology of the maniacs from the PNAC like Rumsfeld, Wolfawitz, in promoting their neocon agenda which has almost bankrupted the US.

They will naturally, move back to their conservative values if they want to win. Remember when that loser George Bush steps down and they get decent leadership, they will come back quite strongly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It may be awhile before there is significant change in the party but there is always the chance that they will see power again anyways. Americans tend to always forget that we have essentially a two party system in this nation. When one party makes everyone mad....the other wins.

I do not think the Democrats won this election because everyone thinks their ideas are just grand....and the Republicans will also likely win their next election without the American public thinking their ideas just grand either. It's more about "flow" than "ideas".

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been voting for along time now and I was appalled by how negative the Republican Party has become .
    I think people are sick of it and it will not be politics as usual for Republicans unless they start acting like the good guys for once .

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be a lot easier with all the Democrats in prison.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The American People Better Pray They Can Start Getting Control Back Starting In 2010 Because If They Don't We May Very Well Be In For A Very Long Economic Turn Down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast