Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Future mother-in-law wants to come to my hair and makeup trials! I don't

want her there at all! What to do? I want my hair and makeup trials to just be a thing for my mom and my sister and my bridesmaids, but no, FMIL found out about it and wants to come. I don't want her there at all. I am not really interested in sharing intimate bridal moments with the woman and since she has 2 daughters, including one of whom will be getting married a year from now, I would think that she would want to do all that stuff with her and leave me and my mom in peace. This is our time. She can have her time with her daughter. Why does she have to intrude?

But FMIL has a daughter about to get married, so I don't see the need to include her in my wedding stuff. I want this time with just my mom as she will want time with her daughter. FMIL will experience all the wedding excitement with her own daughter and besides, it is custom for brides to turn more to their mother with wedding planning anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    she wants to bond. I would involve her in something but tell her their is no room for this appointment. However be glad that you have a FMIL that cares about you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the same problem! My FMIL wants to do everything with me. She has her own daughter too (but is not getting married).
    It sounds like she doesn't want to miss out on anything and wants to help. So.... the day of your trail give her something else to do. Maybe you need something picked up or maybe your fiance needs help with something that day. Whatever it is make sure it has something to do with the wedding prep so that she feels needed/wanted.
    Hopefully this helps... I so know where you are coming from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like there's a bad history there. But you need to remember that this is the woman that raised your soon-to-be-husband. How do you think he will feel if you leave his mother out? It's not like you have to pretend to be her best friend. By allowing her to tag along, you're not really losing anything. Try to find it in your heart to allow her to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered the fact that maybe she just wants to bond with you. You are becoming part of her family as well, I think maybe that is why she is wanting to come. Just give her the benefit of the doubt, what will it hurt if she is there or not? You could always ignore her...