Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Future mother in law upset about guest list and now doesn't want anyone...

...from her side or her husbands side to.? Our original guest list was 220, but since myself and my fiancee are paying for it we scaled it down to 125 guests. Which of course meant that a lot of people were cut out. My parents were so awesome in helping us weed out people that were not as important in our lives, but my future in-laws didn't even bother to care.Now that we have gotten the list set my future mother in law said that since none of her and her husbands friends are invited that they want no-one from their side at all to go. Im ok with this since her husband is my fiancees step father, but I know his family and we did include about 20 of them. So my question is should I take his family off the list since she is being such a bi*** about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe you could ask your fiance to talk about it with her. He should tell her that since you two are paying, you two decided x. But if she wants her friends to go, you two would be more than happy, as long as she paid for them.

If it were me, I would ask my fiance to get involved. I wouldn't want to. No need for extra drama.

Downloads
    Uploads
    as a mother in law, I have made it my business to stay out of my families business, my 2 daughter in laws love me my one son in law loves me, and all of their married friends want me, so speaking to you from that advantage, it is your day invite whom you want, and for future reference, this woman is a manipulator...watch her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is your day and your fiance's day. If there are people that he wants to invite from his side of the family it is his choice not hers. Asking "the parents" is a courtesy to them if you are paying. You could also compromise and tell her that she can invite anybody she wants as long as she pays for them. This list is your guest list not hers. If she were paying she would expect you to limit your invitations to what she can afford. Turn about is fair play.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just keep the people you have on you final count. They should understand that you would love to have them all, but it's just to expensive. And you know that the people you cut are the one's they HARDLY talk to, so what's the difference?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a nightmare! It would be one thing if the in-laws were helping you with the cost of the wedding, then they should be able to invite whomever they wish, but since they aren't, you should stick to the guestlist you have. IT'S YOUR DAY!!! Explain to them that you simply can not afford to pay for a wedding with that big of a guest list - if it's that important to them to invite all of their friends, then maybe they might offer to help out with the cost...at least to cover for their friends? I can only imagine how upset you are about this situation, but I wouldn't go as far to take the entire family off the list. I doubt your fiance's family(not parents) will follow his mother's pathetic behavior and boycott your wedding, will they?Give them some time to cool off, send invitations, and if they still choose to be petty and inconsiderate and not attend, forget them, and enjoy your day with the people who actually love and care about you guys. His parents will be the ones who will regret in the future for missing their son's most important day of his life.