Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Future father in law is a jack a$$, how do I bring up my concern with him?

Well I have been with my fiance for 5 years, we are both somewhat young, I am 19 and he is 20 and his parents don't take us seriously because of our age. They try to split us apart as often as possible and recently his dad (right in front of me mind you) starts telling him that he needs to look for internships out side of our state and that if he gets offered a job outside of where we live he should take it because he does not have a "partner" to worry about and he only needs to worry about himself. WTF!? He is such an a** and likes to undermine our relationship every chance he gets. He has also told my fiance that he better not even considered getting married to me because I am white. Should I bring up to him that I find his behavior uncalled for or should I just continue to let him talk about me like I am nothing?

On top of everything his parents will not allow me to move in with my fiance (they are letting him live in their rent house for free and I was suppose to be able to live with him and just pay rent) because it is "too soon" even though it has been 5 years and they say that I am a distraction (even though I help him with saving and encourage him to do well in school), I don't know, I am just fed up with his dad already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the conversation should be with the f-i-l but with the fiance. What does he say to his father when he makes these remarks? Anything? It is your bf who needs to comment to his dad and tell him that an insult to you is an insult to him and that he will not stand for it any longer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to know what sort of person your spouse will be, take a look at his parents because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you're willing to deal with that sort of attitude then you need to deal with his daddy now. Personally I think you can do better, but you haven't bothered to look past your first boyfriend. I predict your marriage will end in divorce within five years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your fiancee should be standing up for you. You should stay out of it. If your father in law doesn't take you seriously already, trying to talk to him won't help. I don't interact with my boyfriend's step-dad cause I know nothing I say to him will change his mind. It would just be a waste of my time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should talk to your fiance about it. some men have a hard time standing up to there parents though (like my husband) so you may end up having to talk to the dad yourself. either way, dont let him keep talking to you like that. tell the fiance to choose "either make your dad stop or we are done" if he chooses to let his dad talk to you like this, then you were done anyways