Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is the future already in existance?

I was sitting down and started thinking about time travel. So I thought about the future. People say the future already exists and we cant change it. No matter what you do or change thats how the future is supposed to be. So if the future already exists then those of the future must have discovered time travel. If they have already discovered time travel why not go back in time to the present and help with everything? War, Cancer, and help create a better world. By doing this the future will change dramatically. Right? This would mean the people who said the future has already been written are wrong! because they didn't think about time travel! The future as we know it may be already written but if the future does bring time travel couldn't we change the future? What do you think? Also this was just me thinking because im bored. Dont make fun of me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I won't make fun of you. I've thought about the same thing many times, even when I was as young as 9 or 10. I don't think the future is already written. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time is just what the theory says: relative. It all depends on the way we look at it. Time is a very complicated subject, so it's very hard for me to explain it. But I do think that if time machines were ever to be invented, the world wouldn't have some of the problems it does now. Time is kind of like something falling I think. It's not going to fall back up. It's just going to keep falling forever and ever and no one can stop it. Since it is continuous in this way, we can't just go back and forth when we please. I think where the people that said time already exist were coming from was they were just saying that because we cant go back and forth through time, nobody from the future could change it. The future is going to happen in a certain way, but nobody can possibly tell what way that is. For all we know, we could wake up tomorrow and everything will be change. When you think about it, you never know exactly what's going to happen in the next few minutes, or even one second from now. You might think you're going to turn on the TV when suddenly the power goes out. Or maybe you think you're going to leave the house when suddenly the phone rings. You never know. Everybody has some impact on the future, whether it's finding a cure for the common cold, or just sitting at a computer talking about space and time with a person you've never met before. I hope this is what you were looking for, because if not, I've just wasted several minutes. (And like I said, I can't go get them back.)