So I have a few questions about getting my belly button pierced. I know the basics but I have questions about the details.

First off, I have Crohn's Disease. Now I've heard that it is perfectly okay to get a belly button piercing with Crohn's Disease, and I have even seen some people with Crohn's Disease that have them, but I was just wondering if there are any extra precautions I should take. I understand that I have to be super careful about infection, and I will make sure to ask my doctor. But is there anything else I should know?

Second of all, is the healing process. I know that I can't change my ring or whatever for at least 4-12 months. The thing I'm worried about is my activities. I'm an avid dancer and horseback rider. I will not be able to quit dance for any amount of time since I'm on the competition team. There is an off season of I think 2 months, but do you think that is enough time for it to heal enough so I can dance? I won't have to take the piercing out (until January since that's when the competitions start) while I dance. The biggest problem is clothing though. For ballet we MUST wear leotards, and for jazz, lyrical, and competition practice a tank top is a must. I'm worried about the leotard though. Any suggestions on how to protect my piercing?

This is my final question. So I have had my ears pierced since I was 2 years old. I don't remember it, but that's not what I'm asking about. I use to be able to wear anything I wanted in my ear, and then something changed...! The problem is that I can't wear anything in my ear any more... Gold and silver are not even possible, and surgical steel can stay in for awhile but then my ears get red, puffy, and inflamed from the irratation. I haven't worn anything in my ears for over a year, but the holes won't close. (which I don't mind since occasionally I have to wear stuff in my ears) I'm worried that the belly button piercing will do the same thing though. Do you think it will be okay though? Will my belly button get used to having metal through it, and not become allergic to it?

Thank you for all the help!

Please no bashing! This is a FUTURE belly button piercing, it's bound to be 2+ years before I get it. I understand that some people are against belly button piercings (and others as well), but I don't plan to get flaunting this one all over the place. It's for me to love, and not others. I'm really not planning on wearing belly shirts all over the place!

I think some people might be a tad confused about the activity thing. I would be getting the belly button piercing probably mid-June (2 years from now) I wouldn't actually start dancing until late August. and I wouldn't have to take out my belly button piercing until mid-January. (and it wouldn't be for a long amount of time either) My dance teacher wouldn't probably care either, the piercing won't be on during competitions!