On Friday night, I had a dream that I had a daughter. I don't exactly remember her calling me daddy but it was understood in the dream that she was my daughter. She even looked a bit like me. She was probably about 2-4 years old.

Here are two weird things about the dream:
1) The daughter DID NOT have a mother. The dream specifically acknowledged that she was not born from a woman (nor from me--though the dream said she was biologically mine).

2) I've never felt such strong emotions in a dream before. I love this child dearly. There was one part of the dream when she was napping in my bed. I just stood there and smiled as I was overtaken with all these warm emotions. She looked so innocent and beautiful. I remember thinking I'll do whatever I can to make sure she has a good life--no matter what the sacrifice. It was VERY euphoric.

So now its Tuesday night and that dream is stuck in my head. Anytime I daydream, I think about the dream and how beautiful that girl was. In fact, when I first woke up, I didn't realize it was all a dream and was sorely disappointed when I saw she wasn't there. Whenever I go to sleep, I hug another pillow to substitute hugging her. I must be going crazy because I really miss somebody who doesn't exist and yet, she stays on my mind.

I guess now I understand what Beyonce meant when she sang, "this could be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare."

So what do you all think this dream means and why do you think its so engrained in my head?

I'm only 20, single, and in college. I have no prospects of having kids within the next 8-10 years so that idea is out.

Thank you all so much!